This web site provides general information about MCOMS. Neither the site nor any of its contents contains or constitutes advice or serves as an advertisement of the services we offer. This site may include information on or references to recent developments of MCOMS in Greece or the European Union. Any such information is intended for general guidance purposes only and is not meant to be used as or constitute an advice. Specific advice should be sought on any issues you wish to be considered and we are not responsible or liable for any action or inaction resulting from use of any of the content of the site. We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage incurred through the use of this site. Your use of the site does not impose any obligation on MCOMS, nor does it create a client relationship. Any electronic mail sent to us may be insecure and we suggest that you do not send confidential information by electronic mail. Any communication made by telephone, fax, post or electronic mail using any of the contact details listed in this site does not create a client relationship and is not privileged unless you are already a client of MCOMS and are sending the communication pursuant to a relationship already in place. This website and its contents belong to MCOMS. You may download or print all or part of this site for personal use only on the condition that any print out or download acknowledges MCOMS as the source of the information. We reserve the right to change the contents of this site without prior notice.
Terms & Conditions
MCOMS provides its content on this Web Site subject to the following terms
1. Intellectual property: All content on the Site, including text, still and animated images, databases, etc., is the exclusive property of MCOMS or its licensors and is protected by international copyright and other intellectual property laws. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
2. Use of Site Content: MCOMS hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license for an undetermined duration, revocable at any time without cause, to access, display, download as technically required for displaying, and print one copy of the content displayed on the Site on any single computer solely for your personal internal business use, provided that you do not modify the Site content in any way and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices displayed on the Site content. Printing pages of the Site is authorized only as a private copy for the exclusive usage of the copyist within the limits of article L. 122-5 2° of the European Intellectual Property Code. Creation of a hypertext link to the Site without frames is authorized to the home page of the Site http://www.mcoms.com excluding any other address. The Site provides you with an explicit feature to e-mail certain contents to a friend. You are responsible for the usage of this feature which is intended for private correspondence only, excluding, in particular, any posting to a mailing list. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, post, or disclose the Site content without MCOMS’s written prior consent.
5. Personal access code: Only users of the Site who have a personal and confidential access code provided by MCOMS shall be authorized to use the restricted areas of the Site. You are responsible for use of the Site in compliance with its usage and with this agreement. You shall ensure that no other person has access to the Site. In the event that you have knowledge of another person accessing the restricted areas of the Site, you shall immediately bring the fraud to the attention of MCOMS and confirm the information by registered letter. In the event of a dispute, you agree that information recorded on the MCOMS servers with respect to use of the Site, and in particular, the personal access codes assigned to you, which may be subsequently produced by MCOMS shall be also considered as conclusive proof between the parties.
6. Disclaimer: The information provided in the Site is subject to change without notice. MCOMS does not guaranty that such information is accurate, complete, or adequate, or that the information has been checked by MCOMS. Any information provided in the Site is provided as a rough guide. MCOMS recommends that you consult a professional and that you supplement the information by yourself. MCOMS disclaims any responsibility relating to the information contained in the Site and disclaims any responsibility arising from negligence or otherwise concerning such information. MCOMS does not guaranty that the Site will perform without errors or continuously.
7. Jurisdiction: This Site was created in Greece. By using this Site, you agree to these terms and conditions without prejudice to any contractual or tort actions MCOMS may take. Any litigation related to interpretation or performance of the contractual terms defined in this document shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Greek tribunals applying Greek law in Athens. Unless otherwise noted all material is copyright of MCOMS.
MCOMS recognizes the need to protect the privacy of the personally-identifiable information (personal data) that we collect from you as you use the Site. Users should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. Without prejudice to your statutory rights pursuant to European law “Information and Freedom”, by submitting information, you agree to MCOMS use of such information as described below and as mentioned at the time such information is collected. Your personal data are collected and used exclusively in accordance with
the statutory provisions of the data protection laws, the EU Regulations (GDPR) and its transposition to the Greek Legislation. You can click here to see our Privacy Notice, which describes the data privacy practices and policies the company follows as a Data Controller and/or Processor, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If our practices and policies change, we will update this Privacy Notice. Please also see our Terms and Conditions for more information about our on-line policies.
Personal Data Collected
(type of personal data collected, ways of collection)
MCOMS collects personally-identifiable information on certain areas of the Site when users register, request abstracts and publications, sign up for newsletters, participate in surveys, bulletin boards and discussion forums, etc. You are informed of the nature of the data collected and whether or not providing the data is compulsory by informative notices displayed at the time the data is requested from you on the Site. The personally-identifiable information collected may consist of a unique access ID and contact information such as names, mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone and fax numbers. We may ask for further optional information from time to time to get a better picture of our visitors and their preferences. MCOMS encourages users to provide this information to ensure that the content of our Site will remain relevant to your interests and needs.
Use of Information
MCOMS uses personal and other information for its legitimate business interests. You are informed of the use of the data collected by informative notices provided at the time the data is requested from you on the Site. The data collected is required by MCOMS to enable you to access the Site and its functionality. MCOMS also uses personally-identifiable information to measure visitor usage and interest to help us improve the content and functionality of our Site. The e-mail addresses provided on registration allow us to send e-mail giving you notice of the existence of new contents to you based on the areas of interest you may have indicated to us. If you do not wish to receive emailed advance notices of content, you will be given the opportunity to indicate this preference on registration. You may also request cessation of the mailing of such
notices later on at any time by following the instructions mentioned in the e-mails sent. MCOMS uses personally-identifiable information collected from cookies and IP addresses as described below.
Cookies and IP addresses
Disclosure to third-parties
MCOMS does not disclose your personally-identifiable information to third-parties, with
the following exceptions:
1. As required by judicial, regulatory or administrative proceedings of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction;
2. if, in the sole discretion of MCOMS, disclosure is required to protect the Site, MCOMS,
or its Board of Directors or Faculty;
4. Aggregate non-personal information which is shared with the sponsors of the Site in order to describe the demographics of users who see the sponsors’ logos on the Site.
5. Information that you post or otherwise publish on the Site in discussion rooms, survey responses, etc., which are made publicly available on the Site.
The Site contains links to third-party Web sites. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of third-party Web sites. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of these Web sites before providing any information to them.
Access, changes and deletions
You may access, correct, update and/or delete any personally-identifiable information, unsubscribe from mailing lists or terminate your subscription to the Site by following the instructions on the registration page of the Site. Alternatively, you may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to exercise your statutory rights of access and modification of your personally-identifiable information.